Tuesday, March 12, 2013

More alert today!!

Morgan woke up before me today and her eyes were wide open and she was looking around! Dr. Lee and Dr. Clark were very pleased. She worked very hard for all her therapies. She had better posture and trunk control today. She is looking fully to the left side now. She is also moving her left arm a little more. Way to go Morgan! We are so proud of her. She has really been a trooper. All the nurses say how sweet she is, that she never fusses when they mess with her, she takes her medicine well, and is just cooperative with everyone. We could tell she was having a little more discomfort today so we are trying to stay ahead of the pain. She has been trying to scratch at her head today, probably starting to itch now. Now we are facing the big decision of where to go from here. The rehab director came in and assessed her. She recommended that Morgan go to inpatient rehab. There is not a pediatric inpatient in Austin. The closest one is in San Antonio. This would be where she could get the most intensive therapy. Billy and I are still praying about what would be best for Morgan and for our family. If we took her to San Antonio for rehab she might have to be there for a week or two. We want the best for her but we still need to consider our home, our son, and our jobs. It wouldn't be as close as Austin where we can easily go back and forth. Thank you all for your continued prayers. We are already seeing miracles take place. God is so good!

3 comments:

  1. I do and will pray for wisdom to think through this and I know alo t to consider ! I am proud and I know you are thrilled . Hard to know just what to do but I will ask the hLord for widom. Anyway- Thank you for posting . I wondered about you all today.
    e-mail me more when or if have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - it's David and Lisa - if you decide to go to San Antonio we can take Will. I can get him to and from school - Micah would love to have a brother for a couple of weeks. I know God will lead you in every decision you make. We wanted to offer that and we are so thankful for Morgans progress and will continue to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you about this. She looks good . I hope she will be able to gesture to you. She's going to make headway each day wi the support and friends praying . Johnstons again

    ReplyDelete