Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bedside Brain Mapping

Dr. Clark has just completed Morgan's "brain mapping" procedure. I was able to sit in and observe while he performed his magic. Dr. Clark is a very soft spoken man & this helped me to feel at ease because I knew God was guiding his hands. This was very interesting & very emotional for a mom to watch, but I wouldn't of changed it for the world. He was able to determine the exact location of the seizure source (Praise The Lord). He stimulated the motor complex part of Morgan's brain & he determined the surgery would NOT effect her motor skills by the removal of the damaged area (anterior temporal). This surgery is tentatively set for Friday. We do not know the exact time of the surgery but will keep everyone posted. Keep the prayers going...they are working...God is Awesome!!

6 comments:

  1. We are so ready for this miracle! Holler when you need anything at all. Food, encouragement, levity...whatever. And tell Morgan she better be ready for a full on dose of big, dumb and fun (that's me) when she gets out. God IS awesome. -Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and I am glad that you were able to see what Dr. Clark was seeing. God is showing the way. Give my girl a hug from me. Our prayers are with you all... Sherlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your sweet family!!! ....Ruby May

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, and yes as a mother I am sure it was hard to watch, but such a wonderful gift to be able to see what the doctors were seeing. I pray for a speedy recovery and that we will begin to see progress as soon as possible. Give her hugs for us too and hugs for you and Billy and Will also.

    God does awesome things.

    Amy, Wes, Tia and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glory, glory, glory, fabulous report!!! Staying in fervent prayer for the miraculous! For you and Billy to continue to have peace and for precious Morgan to stay comfortable as she heals!! Blessings to you all, the Zesch gang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jeananne my family and I are praying for your little girl mor. We hope she gets better soon! Is she resting comfitibly, tell me the deets??!! How is your day going??
      P.S.We are hoping we can see u again in mason (soon)...!!

      Love,The Johnston Family :)

      Delete