Monday, July 15, 2013

Trying to stay positive

Yes, trying to stay positive, when discouragement and disappointment are knocking at the door. Morgan had a rough weekend. We went to my parents house, and there were lots of people and kids running around. Morgan was very agitated, and over stimulated. When she is like that, she doesn't focus or interact much. Now today, she is happy and calm. I guess we really just can't take her out to places right now. Her brain just can't process all the information right now. Her system gets too overwhelmed. She is perfectly fine now that she is home. I was so discouraged over the weekend. For one, it was very stressful dealing with a screaming child. Two, I was looking forward to my family seeing how well she is doing. One comment that really helped and encouraged me was from Billy's friend who came down for the weekend. He had seen her in the hospital but then had not seen her since last year. He said she just looks so much better overall. She is more alert, bright eyed, and keeps her balance. He recalled how last year, she couldn't even walk a couple of steps without falling down. Comments like these really help and are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanie,

    I can only imagine the frustrations you are going through but I have been following her progress and when you get discouraged please please look back on your post and see how far she has come. Three months ago she couldn't even sit still or look you in the eye, walk much less run down your road, but with Gods help and healing she is now able to do all of those things and so much more. I look forward to your posts and share with my friends how well she is doing. I am so proud of you and Billy and so happy for Morgan and Will to have parents who are so strong with God. May he continue to Bless you and your family. We love you and can't wait to see Yall again.

    Love,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete