Saturday, November 2, 2013

Enjoying the help!

This week, Morgan's nurse started helping me in the evenings from 3:30 to 7:30! Morgan qualifies for 38 hours a week of nursing care. We had been using most of the hours with the nurse going to school with her. But, now we have worked it out where she can help me out at home. Morgan is ok at school, there is a good ratio of teachers to students. So anyway, having the help at home, has been a tremendous help. When we get home from work, she is there to help me in anyway I need. She will help me cook and prepare all Morgans meals for school the next day, while I spend some time outdoors with the kids. Then, she will chase Morgan around while I help Will one on one with his homework, without having to multitask. It has been such a load off me. However, this is just the first week, and it takes some getting used to. I have still managed to be stressed and tired. I guess just with organizing it all and getting in the routine. Then, on Thursday, my nurse had to go out of town and I realized how much I missed having her and had gotten used to her help. It was crazy doing it all by myself again. However, Morgan, thankfully has been less hyper this week. Praise God! She still climbs on everything, but she seems to be not so nonstop 100 miles an hour, and she has not been as agitated. Today she just walked around calmly outside for over an hour, not running and screaming, but happy to just walk around calmly and enjoy the day. Thank you all for your continued prayers. God continues to watch over us and provide for us the help we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment