Monday, June 24, 2013

Long day

Today was a long day for Morgan and I both. We first had to go get Morgan's blood drawn. Her endocrinologist had ordered for her thyroid to be checked again. We had it checked last year and it was low. It was fine in January at last draw, so this is a recheck following surgery. Also, Dr. Stewart ordered some labs to check need for supplements. Morgan has had blood drawn many times before. Never, have we had a challenge like today. I had begun noticing at the last two doctors appointmtents that she was acting more anxious and crying when we went. Today, she was the same way, but very, very upset and crying loudly when we entered the lab. It was challenging and difficult to watch her be so upset, but it really shows that she is aware now of what is going on. Before, she would cry when they poked her but never knew what was going on until then. Today, she knew where she was and what was going on. So hopefully no more lab work for a long time. Then, she had therapy after this. After getting calmed down, she did very well. She continues to communicate with the pictures. After an hour of working with speech and OT, she gets PT. She was very tired by this time and didn't really want to participate. She wouldn't stand still to work with the PT. I told the PT that Morgan has really enjoyed jumping on the trampoline. She also seems to be very sensory seeking lately. The PT had the idea of putting ankle and wrist weights on her for sensory input. Great idea! Morgan was instantly calm and worked with the PT another 30 minutes. As for me, this was a long day on top of being up until midnight last night. No, not because of Morgan(she actually has been sleeping through the night, Praise The Lord). I was up cleaning out my closet. I have noticed having so much more energy now. Most likely for two reasons. First, I get a solid 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night now instead of waking up every hour or so to check on Morgan(like when she was having seizures all night long). Secondly, I have had a ton of bricks lifted off of me. I realize now how much the sadness of before really weighed on me and drained me so much. Of course, today I am not so energetic after this long day, but that is ok, because I am happy that Morgan is doing so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment