Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Diet, so worth it

I have found my posts getting fewer and farther between. It has definitely been an adjustment lately with Morgans new diet. Yes, she has been on a special diet for several years, but this is different. She is so limited in what she can eat and I find myself at the grocery store almost everyday. Also, it is hard to find a lot of it at our local grocery store. However, she is so worth it of course. In just two weeks of being on the diet, the teachers have used the words "more focused and calm". This is not for every day, but at least there were some days when she was. The doctor explained to me about the importance of avoiding these foods for awhile to allow her to heal, then we can gradually start working foods back in. We also found out from another of her blood tests that she is deficient in B12 and low in several of the B vitamins. So this could explain some of the behavior issues as these help the body to deal with stress. It all helps to see the "why" behind a lot of it and that we have a plan to help her. I can do this in this season of my life. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do this for her. Thankfully she is sleeping at night now so at least I get sleep at night. And, thank The Lord for our nurse who helps me, she truly is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment