Monday, August 11, 2014

Encouraging and working toward goals!

On Friday, I met with Morgans summer school teacher to discuss Morgans strengths, interests, and goals for the new year. She was very positive and encouraging. She focused on what Morgan is able to do, her strengths, and then set goals to reach the next level. It was so good to see her strengths on paper. I definitely must focus on this and how far she has come since the surgery. It's hard to believe it's only been a year and a half since her surgery, because she has come so far and done so much since then. So I continue to focus on this. I have connected with another mom with a child similar to Morgan. We were matched through Texas Parent to Parent, an organization that provides information and guidance for families with special needs children. It is run by volunteers who themselves have special needs children. Great organization! Through visiting with this mom, I have been able to discuss how to find dependable attendant care. Basically, the attendant would be able to assist with whatever I needed, and I would be the manager. The agency would just be there for the financial aspect. So thankful for all the resources out there. Morgan qualified for this through her MDCP, which is the medically dependent children's program.

No comments:

Post a Comment