Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Snuggles for Mother's Day

I had a Mother's Day I will always remember. It was special because Morgan snuggled and rocked with me! I pulled her to me in the rocking chair and instead of trying to move about and get away, she sat with me and actually snuggled! She then fell asleep in my arms for about 20 minutes. It was great to get to hold her. And how special that she did this on Mother's Day! Then yesterday, we had a very good visit with the lady from ABA services who came to assess Morgan to determine just how much of the therapy she needs. The lady was very positive and encouraging. She said she could see the potential in Morgan and that she was trying to communicate. It's just frustrating for her now because she knows what she wants but can't always have it. The lady told us that they would work on whatever daily activities we needed to help Morgan be more independent and make our lives easier. They will also be going up to the school to work with her. The lady also told us that Morgan most likely would be a good candidate for a talker communication device that she can use to help say what she wants. I was very encouraged by all the lady had to say. She kept saying how Morgan was just going to keep on progressing, now that the seizures aren't holding her back! We continue to thank The Lord for all He has provided. He has taken care of Morgan every step of the way!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Jeananne. I'm so glad that your Mother's Day was so memorable for you. There's nothing like snuggling in a rocking chair with your child and I'm so happy that Morgan came TO you for that special time with her Mom. You are blessed . . . a good husband and two sweet children to share. God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete